West Hurley For Sale

Gentlemen, I'm sorry to say that (well being the owner of Thompsons with significant current value which keep going up in value, I guess I'm not really that sorry) the price increases are simply the inexorable product of a finite quanity of guns (and perhaps a shrinking quantity) being chased by an ever growing number of people with ever growing quantities of money who desire to own them.

If anyone thinks this is going to stop then they are sadly mistaken and probably believe in the tooth fairy.

Look at what oil paintings or other examples of "fine art" are selling for. Hundreds of millions and there is still no limit to those increasing prices in that arena.

The fact of the matter is that the prices have no relationship to the intrinsic value; rather sale prices are limited only by how much money a buyer is willing to part with and how much money a seller requires to part company with his cherished Thompson.

And it's all being fed by the fabulous positive publicity we have recently enjoyed.

I can assure you that in a few years ANY current seller of a Thompson (including this writer) is going to be VERY sorry he sold at today's prices.

In my opinion the ONLY justification for selling a Thompson (or for that matter, any NFA device) is to raise funds to buy another NFA device or, of course, to solve some financial emergency.

Now this is only my two cents but, mark my words, the price merry-go-round is not about to stop.

Buy now if there is something you really want and hold what you have unless you have a very good reason to sell.

Also, I thought you guys might like to see how two engraved Thompsons finally got together.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/dxdunner/Two.jpg

I've been thinking lately that if I could trade my Savage '28

with a West Hurley owner who has wanted to own a Savage Thompson, that I very well might trade if the WH owner

was willing to put in several thousand dollars (like $8-10,000?)

depending on the condition of his gun, assuming the WH owner

really wanted a Savage made gun, and had only paid a few thousand dollars for his gun, originally.

I don't like the idea of selling my wonderful "STHOMPSON"

(It was rollmarked incorrectly, at first.) But I could use the money.

–Just running an idea up the flagpole to see if anybody salutes.

charlie i gave you a buyer for the gun a few year's back,you did not do the deal...and you won't ever sell it. so just pack it away and kinda enjoy it. and buy a wes-hurlee to shoot.or anything else for that matter.....you'd never guess i've been to a range. shooting is overated after awhile. wink! have a good turkey day..

take care,Ron

now mike with today's hyberhole price's i would say big daddy for $36,000.00 for three is really fair.

and he want's to give a nice guy { collector} a chance to have a crack at one w/o taking a second mortgage. or selling first male born young.or the third family car. or dipping in the kid's college fund.

it's not too { scarce} but probably rare you see that anymore.

and it's nice to see it be posted here first.

take care,ron

Let the prices keep going up on the W.H. T-Guns! It will make me feel much better because of what I spent on mine.