You Guys Heard About These?

By the way, where are these drums made, and by whom?

Hey Brian, Why no reply to this query?

I thought it was illegal to buy or sell magazines which hold more than 10 rounds in the state of Maryland?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was illegal to buy or sell magazines which hold more than 10 rounds in the state of Maryland?I thought it was illegal to buy or sell magazines which hold more than 10 rounds in the state of Maryland?"

“A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm. Md. Criminal Law Code § 4-305( B ) This section does not apply to a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine. Section 4-305(a)."

However, the scope of the statue is exempt for "(ii) acting to sell or transfer an assault pistol or detachable magazine to a licensed firearm dealer in another state; " Granted, people on here are not dealers, but you bring up a good point... "they" don't want them sold here.

Roland - Make sure you write your MD state senator opposing SB43 - AWB of 2007. This state is full of a bunch of idiots who want to disarm us. The only good news is there is a new CCW bill and a castle doctrine bill - both have as much chance of passing as I have a chance of getting a hummer from J-Lo, but hey - what the hell... at least there are still some good people fighting the good fight.

Chris.

Competition is good. While a full-auto working 'C' Drum is much, much tougher to produce than a working 'L' Drum, if this company, (Bob D. said they may be Czech) is willing to tackle this kind of significant challange, it gives more hope to those interested in owning a working 100 rounder, and possibly at a more reasonable price too. It should be interesting to see the comments from those who receive and test out these new 50 rounders first. Kahr better start taking a good hard look at their quality control issues because they may be left holding bins full of unsold Thompson junk drums. Can anyone say 'Scrap Metal'? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Mike Hammer

i talked them up at the show today since a number of collector's wanted some.{ was it right to presell them for $500.00 each?}naw!!! just joking....anyhow i gave them the info to contact direct, i'm sure in a week or so they all will be sold out....since a few had the 27 semi and said they needed a drum for it...and they thought $200.00 was fair price. see ya's Ron

QUOTE (Chromebolt @ Feb 18 2007, 09:38 AM)
I own an M1. But from all the problems I've read about etting working drums, I bought one for my future acquisition.

Don't tell my wife http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif

Chromebolt

Now your thinking like a diehard Tommygun lover! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

As soon as you gentlemen get these L Drums, please do your usual fine expert examination and let me know if they are worth the cost. I just cannot believe there will be a flood of Crosby drums where no one can tell the difference between vintage and modern. I would like to purchase a few myself, but will wait on the experienced and knowledgable recommendation. Thank you!

if you study gun history, it seem's alot of czech design's and work's, was applied by a few countrie's

even mr. uzi did it.......it is alway's easier to apply to something what has been done already, then sometime's to start with a clean slate. the old G.I.45 can attest to that.

Taiwan drum's yep! Ron

QUOTE (Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner @ Feb 16 2007, 10:55 PM)

I thought it was illegal to buy or sell magazines which hold more than 10 rounds in the state of Maryland?

Hey Roland,

We do not sell any Magazines in the state of Maryland. The magazines are not made in China, and they come from a strong US ally who has been exporting to the US for close to 30 years. Haven't answered any posts as we've been busy shipping products :-)

-Brian

Hey Guys,

I had a few extra cycles to spare, so I decided to look up the board here and see if anyone had gotten their drums yet. I'd expect many to show up today, had USPS been delivering yesterday many would have gotten them then.

Couple of things---

I pulled the import permit for these drums, they were made in Taiwan. They have no connection to China.

The enterprise that made them makes ordnance for Taiwan's national arsenal as well as supplying foreign countries and commercial markets. They are a publicly traded company, in business for over 30 years. They make everything up to parts for tanks and howitzers.

I will post a redacted copy of the Form 6 later today showing approval and country of origin.

-Brian

Hey Guys,

Some of you might be interested in reading this. This is from one of the full auto beta testers:

___begin message____

Brian,

I tested the Thompson drum today with 600 rounds.

The drum was tested using Wolf ammo at 52 degrees winding to 9 clicks.

See answer to your questions below.

Hey ,

Thank you so much for offering to beta test these new Thompson drum

magazines. I am sending one sample to you today for your testing and

evaluation, the tracking number for the delivery is .

Here is what I would like to have tested-->

1) How does the drum fit in your Thompson? Does it fit like your other

drums?

I tried the drum in a model 1921 Colt Thompson and a model 1928 WWII Auto

Ordnance Thompson.

It fits like my WWII drum in each gun.

2) Does the drum function in semi-auto? Try at least two full 50rd semi

dumps.

I fired 3 50rd drums in semi in the 28 Auto Ordnance Thompson with no

problems.

3) Does the drum function in full-auto? Try atleast two full 50rd

full auto dumps.

I fired 3 50rd drums in full auto in the Auto Ordnance Thompson.

The first was fired in burst of 3 to 5 shots with no problems.

The next 2 drums were fired in full auto in one continuous run with no

problems.

Some things to consider:

1) I know nothing about full auto Thompsons, so if yours is full-auto

only obviously semi auto testing isn't going to happen :-)

Tested in Full auto with no problems.

2) If you experience any failures, please try the drum with less than

50 rounds to see if that makes a difference

No failures were experience.

What I'd really like to hear:

1) tell's me your quite the Thompson fanatic. I'd like to know

what you think of the drum overall, and compare it to your experiences

with other drums. Anything you see that does not look right, let me

know. Anything you think could be improved, let me know. If its

perfect as is, let me know.

The fit and finished of the drum are good. I tried your drum lid on my WWII

drum and it fit fine.

The lid from my WWII drum would not fit right on your drum. I don’t see a

problem with this.

I think the drum look good and performed well.

If you need any more information please let me know.

What I've done is included a return Fedex ticket with the box. If the

drum does not function, the tag can be used to send it back. If the

drum works well and you can get me some good useful feedback you can

keep it for your collection as it will be well worth it to us to see

it tested :-)

_____end message______

Needless to say, all beta tested drums were kept :-) I'm hoping in a few days we'll see lots of similar experiences posted here :-) FYI, a dealer bought 50 of these today so we're probably be sold out completely in 2-3 days but will be able to point you to the dealer who bought 50 if he's got them left.

-Brian

Edited by keepshooting.com

I've got two drums on order and due to deliver tomorrow. Hope they work flawlessly on fullauto!

Just got Keep Shooting Order (#16531) in for 1 drum, unpacked and everything looked good fit and finish wise. Wanted to test fire right away to see if I should order four more. Loaded up with 50 rounds using proper loading procedure to do a test fire in back yard and disaster struck. After winding the first three clicks something went "pop" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif in the rotor assembly and it will not build spring tension no matter how many times I turn the winding key. I have loaded 100's of drums in the past so it is not a first time loader / user issue. Seems like the spring may have let loose. Got pissed and had to put down for now. Will examine further later. Here I go again.

Well here are some quick pics I took a few minutes ago. I put the drum in my AO 28ac, it fit as good as my real Crosby drum but they both fit a bit looser than my Bridgeport and Seymour drums. The lettering is a little bit different than my real Crosby especially on the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/Lancer1717/My%20pics/Crosbydrum001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/Lancer1717/My%20pics/Crosbydrum006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/Lancer1717/My%20pics/Crosbydrum010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/Lancer1717/My%20pics/Crosbydrum011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/Lancer1717/My%20pics/Crosbydrum012.jpg

Guest hardrede

Please pay no attention to the known agitator who raised that question.
Philasteen, please be advised you are violating the "no attacking" protocol.

Zero tolerance for verbal assaults on other members. Regardless of who you are, you get ZERO chances to screw up. Verbally attack, degrade, show aggression towards others and you are outta here. You are no longer welcome.

These boards are for talking about guns, NOT attacking people because you disagree or dislike them. Do it and you are gone, i am tired of having to deal with people bitching about other members.

I did not raise the issue of the origin of these drums, someone else did. Philohio to be exact.

Then, TMSG28,

You didn't answer the question about the source. Can you say where these repros were made?

Then, Chopper28 posted that the secretary stated the following,

"She said possibly Tiawan or China?"

My response was not inflammatory nor perjorative. It was a simple statement of FACT.. I was on the phone last week with ATF about another parts issue concering origin and demil, and how ATF was confiscating the kits.

Do you want to have ATF come after you for purchasing a Chinese defense item??? It is your call, but I am not agitating anyone.

Please refrain in the future from agitating me and suggestying to new posters that I am "inflammatory." I hereby request that you follow the clearly posted rules!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email the moderator's for clarification of what constitutes "harrassment." I have spent a great amount of time and trouble to educate myself concerning import laws and the very serious ramifications of not following them!!!!

Edited by hardrede

yes from now on anybody that has something inflammatory to say. take it to e-mail or private message. or punch them in the chop's at the next gun show.

{ then you get to deal with all the fun afterward's}

this is the "last outpost" on the net for a responsible gun board...maybe we all can keep it that way...

and also if anybody has a problem with the drum's take it out with the seller. not post some whinin tale of woe on all the gun board's...and we all wonder why the gun hater's love us... sometime's we are the enemy to ourself... nuff said. happy, happy everybody will be getting drum's along the mohawk!

Ron

and to all a good day!