Some exceptional TSMGs coming up at Morphy's on November 18

Always best from any buyer ask seller how many he has owned, fired. and seen in lifetime, if less then a 100 go back to square one

Any good Tommy guy should have looked at around a 1,000 or so maybe more.i Like when you come across guys "The best i have seen." and they had one or two and have seen around 20 or 30....It all takes time lots of time Decades.RON K.

So sorry.

Of course you are the expert.

You must have seen them all.

The gun mentioned in the OP is obviously a turd.

The "expert" at Morphys is obviously an idiot.

Moderators please delete the thread.

Edited by lightguy

Well for some international news some permits are being held up some changes in order at b.a.t.f. And contacted today and offered all kinds of guns South America is baling out and even some nice stocks in Germany. and a warehouse of stuff in Sudan. and Libya.however cash and carry and haul out.

One deal went south when the gov says well usa we no not what goes on change laws and forms or we won't sell you.

I think this next year will be some sort of crazy.And i would not be laughing fat saying i got lots of mg's.. the million buck collection might become 100 grand in parts.{and who will buy the parts?only people that might need them}

A few guys said today the gun retirement is not 100% insured now.sad really sad that was the American way.a case of blue and wood for a case of green

That is what happened in many parts of Europe with the 2016 EU firearms law amendments. Even the old standard dewats lost their value, as new standards were imposed and the new legislation stated that old standard dewats "could not be sold, traded or gifted".

Always best from any buyer ask seller how many he has owned, fired. and seen in lifetime, if less then a 100 go back to square one

Any good Tommy guy should have looked at around a 1,000 or so maybe more.i Like when you come across guys "The best i have seen." and they had one or two and have seen around 20 or 30....It all takes time lots of time Decades.RON K.

So sorry.

Of course you are the expert.

You must have seen them all.

The gun mentioned in the OP is obviously a turd.

The "expert" at Morphys is obviously an idiot.

Moderators please delete the thread.

yeah i have owned a lot and seen thousands is that a Bad thing now?

post-504-0-61428800-1605462128_thumb.jpg

@renovate7 Don’t bother arguing with conservatives here. It’s not worth your time. Just stick to why you enjoy vintage, historical weapons and hold your tongue or just don’t visit. It’s difficult and a bit sad.

@renovate7 Don’t bother arguing with conservatives here. It’s not worth your time. Just stick to why you enjoy vintage, historical weapons and hold your tongue or just don’t visit. It’s difficult and a bit sad.

Either ban politics or create a separate forum like some other sites have. :blink:

Yeah Gary, don't argue with conservatives or debate the issue because those darn facts just keep getting in the way. What is really difficult and sad is your progressive buddies behavior and violent tactics. I guess if we don't agree with your philosophy we just have to shut up and take it. Here is good analysis of your party's tolerance of other opinions:

To get back to the question I asked that started the political BS: Other than the replacement wood is there any reason this '21 has an expected price so much less than all the others which are estimated more or less at the current market rate

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/81/3511/cr-transferrable-class-iii-colt-1921-thompson-submachine-gun

QUOTE::What was the difference between these 2 items to warrant such a difference in price?

savage 1928 33,000

Savage 28a1 18000

The 1928 was a very rare gun , 1st variation low serial number - one of 150

the 1928a1 was a savage that was an unissued gun that Numrich completed- they are not so sought after as compared to the 1928

Edited by Grease Gunner

The Savage Model of 1928 is what collectors refer to as a Savage Commercial Thompson.

The Savage U.S. Model of 1928 A1 is a complete World War II Thompson submachine gun that was most likely imported into the USA in the 1960s, acquired and sold by Numrich Arms at some point in time, hence the NAC serial number suffix. It appears to be a pretty nice high numbered Savage Thompson.

So is 5662 truly that rare in condition or was it a case of having to have it? What a price!

Many things in that auction are a case of "had to have it".

$52,000 for a Colt Thompson with a replaced barrel?

$110,000 for a nice condition Colt Thompson?

$24,600 for a Colt C drum?

$21,000 for a Group Industries Uzi?

$43,000 for a Sturmgewehr?

$40,000 for an M3?

$92,000 for an MG42?

This list of stupidity goes on and on with the auction today. And don't think I'm some butthurt person. I own every single one of these guns, but there is a difference between having money and being wasteful with money. I actually tried to bid on one item in the auction today. It went past what they normally sell for, but I was like "screw it. I'll bid a couple more times". Thought it would be neat to buy something from the big auction house. Then I was completely blown away as I watched it sell for about double what they typically go for. It was not even an amazing example of the particular item. LOL. Messaged a dealer friend of mine right after and he agreed to sell me his for what they normally sell for. I'll never waste my time with one of these auctions again. Decided to try it this once and it is retarded. So odd, when the auction house takes 20% from the Buyer and sometimes up to 15% from the Seller. I honestly just do not get it, but that's me.

Edited by michaelkih