RIA Thompson sales results

Results without comments. Note several guns had cases, a shot mag, some C drums, a separate C drum listing, and 3 Westie commemoratives that were actually the same serial number.

Anyone here get anything? I lost out on the C drum and shot cartridges. By a long shot...

RIA 082822.jpg

• Upvote 1

I was on the phone and recall 90K hammer, so a 6 figure gun with the fees. They were attempting to squeeze 95, but someone "cheaped out" LOL.

As usual no rhyme nor reason for some of the pricing. I did get a good deal on a gun

I think most of their bidders go by their price ranges and assume RIA knows what they are doing?

How about that fake star wars gun? Yes in reading it carefully there may be one original part? For an extra 20k you could get hand select, and for another 20K you get an IMA certificate of authenticity with Christian's original signature....not the hand stamp?

No, I got them from Proxibid. Even though you cannot bid, you can watch items on Proxibid.

RIA's bidding website absolutely sucks. There was no way other than a sealed bid that I could bid or see what the pre-bids were. Another reason I'm probably not doing business through them again.

I'm in the market for a 1928A1 so I was looking at the 1928A1 Bridgeport that went on day 2 ( Lot - 3354 https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/86/3354 ) . On day 1 they had a Savage 1928A1 (Lot 1494 - https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/86/1494 ) that went for $41,125 with Buyer's Premium. The description mentioned the gun receiver having previously been welded, so I was kinda turned off. If RIA mentions something like that in their description... then you know something else is going to be either messed with or incorrect. I watched the auction live and was floored when it went for what it did..... So, I didn't even register to go after the Bridgeport on day 2 because it was going to go for a lot more than the welded Savage... The Bridgeport went for $64,625.00 big money...

Bidding at Rock Island and getting a deal is like winning the lotto, your competing against people that have more money than brains. A SIG M17 Surplus went for $ 4,700 HAMMER PRICE (no fees)... nothing special about it no FOIA letter with it or anything... I wish I was sitting next to the guy because I'd go to gunbroker and then show him my phone just to see what he'd say when he could have gotten one for 2k less... heck they even have a set of consecutive #s for 7k..... I wish I had that kind of money to get whatever I wanted cost be damned--don't we all?

How about the $53 K MP40 when another (admittedly refinished) one went in the same auction for only $22K?

Or the heavily dewatted one that went for $35K?

My favorite is the M1 TSMG that went for $35K. I had no idea mine was that valuable :rolleyes:

How about the $53 K MP40 when another (admittedly refinished) one went in the same auction for only $22K?

Or the heavily dewatted one that went for $35K?

My favorite is the M1 TSMG that went for $35K. I had no idea mine was that valuable :rolleyes:

haha yea I did the same thing with my M17.... When the hammer hit on the M17 I stood up threw my arms in the air and screamed IM RICH then then realized that those are RIA prices from an event held in the 7th dimension where us mere mortals cannot enter or participate. Plus by the time RIA gets done nickel and diming you with all the seller fees they charge....

Unbelievably stupid prices. Armalite AR 18- 35K. Mac 11 -over 15K. Colt 614 - 32K. MP40- 53K. I don't know, that might be the place to sell my collection when it comes time, the crazy buyers must not care about getting better prices elsewhere, they obviously have deep pockets.

It gives people something to talk about and get out of how far we have fallen as a country. And it only matters if you tire of the stuff and sell it. And in a flash of pen and paper and orders. It all could be useless in weeks. OR MAYBE WORTH TRILLIONS...in Europe they will be burning Thompson wood to stay warm price increase per set now,$1,000

get sum ha ha thanks to the poster for the info. What will 2023 bring in?more price misery...

Like clockwork, RIA just sent out their email bragging about how rich they got

Here is the link to a PDF with PRICES REALIZED:

https://cdn.rockislandauction.com/auction/86/prices-realized.pdf

Ladies & Gentlemen,
Rock Island Auction Company’s outstanding series of results for 2022 continued with the August 26-28 Premier Auction, realizing an amazing $23 million! Headlined by a Hollywood showstopper, the incredibly historic and iconic only surviving "DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol" from the 1977 epic "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope," to the finest collection of Colt Single Action Army revolvers Rock Island Auction has ever offered, and so many more outstanding pieces in between, this was a Premier Auction to remember.
Thank you all for being so knowledgeable, so fervent, and so enthusiastic about this passion we call gun collecting. Your tremendous support, whether it was in person, online, or through the phone, is the reason we have such great success and highlights, like the ones below, to share.
Lot 1247: The iconic, only surviving “DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol” from the 1977 Epic "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" crossed the podium for an astounding $1,057,500. Watch as it crosses the podium!
Lot 121: The Finest Known 1891 Production Rinaldo A. Carr Inspected U.S. Colt Cavalry Model Single Action Army revolver realized a monumental $763,750! SEE VIDEO.
Lot 1013: One of only six known, this Winchester Model 1873 "One of One Hundred" gaveled for $440,625.
Lot 1333: An outstanding Firmo Fracassi engraved Rizzini shotgun soared past its estimate to achieve $246,750! Watch it here.