Get a Grease Gun

I own and shoot all the guns shown here and I have never seen much difference in accuracy between them, but then also I don’t normally shoot them at 75 yards. I suspect that there might be a little bit of propaganda going on in this demonstration made for the troops as the military probably had to justify and show how great the M3 was because many soldiers took there first look at that cheaply made gun and said they wouldn’t use it. In the end it did in fact prove it’s merits. It’s interesting to note the individualism of not only the rates of fire but the also the distinctive sound each gun makes. Enjoyed that one Bob, thanks.

The guy firing the TSMG wasn't using very good trigger control.  The gun can do 2 shot bursts all day long and singles with very little practice but he was typically firing 3s.  The 3rd shot is the one most likely to miss.  I suspect he was under orders to do so.

The M3 handles nasty conditions better than the other two.  The guy with the MP40 was not an 'Expert' by any means.  If you can't put a full magazine on target at that range, you aren't a good shooter, much less 'expert'.  Pure propaganda.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:30 AM, StrangeRanger said:

The guy firing the TSMG wasn't using very good trigger control.  The gun can do 2 shot bursts all day long and singles with very little practice but he was typically firing 3s.  The 3rd shot is the one most likely to miss.  I suspect he was under orders to do so.

I say we find out who he is and correct him right away! The nerve! :)

On 10/11/2023 at 8:38 AM, Mike Hammer said:

I own and shoot all the guns shown here and I have never seen much difference in accuracy between them, but then also I don’t normally shoot them at 75 yards. I suspect that there might be a little bit of propaganda going on in this demonstration made for the troops as the military probably had to justify and show how great the M3 was because many soldiers took there first look at that cheaply made gun and said they wouldn’t use it. In the end it did in fact prove it’s merits. It’s interesting to note the individualism of not only the rates of fire but the also the distinctive sound each gun makes. Enjoyed that one Bob, thanks.

I too own all three and enjoy each of them. As noted in earlier posts, if it goes bang, then it's doing its job. All three shoot well, although the TSMG is the heaviest...

• 2 weeks later...

Of all three, the M3 (or M3A1) is actually the hardest to find on a transferrable basis. So.... get that. Mine is a wonderful gun and I shoot it much more than the TSMG or MP40. Maybe it's because I have an integral suppressor for it! See my posts under the M3 Forum....

I propose you run your own test.  I'll be posting all three guns for sale on sturm tomorrow.  A 28' brithish lend lease thompson, M3 grease gun, and there is a pre-may MP40 available to those qualified.  Do your own test, make your own current video without the propaganda!

And Rekraps, your MP44 is in.  Your M79 part will ship for free with the gun, since you forgot to include shipping LOL.  In fact I will sponsor the M79 part and shipping if you buy the MP44!!   Nice gun, don't miss out.......again! 

13 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

I propose you run your own test.  I'll be posting all three guns for sale on sturm tomorrow.  A 28' brithish lend lease thompson, M3 grease gun, and there is a pre-may MP40 available to those qualified.  Do your own test, make your own current video without the propaganda!

And Rekraps, your MP44 is in.  Your M79 part will ship for free with the gun, since you forgot to include shipping LOL.  In fact I will sponsor the M79 part and shipping if you buy the MP44!!   Nice gun, don't miss out.......again! 

Well now, i'm always good for shipping... but the MP44? I'm so old I've forgotten I was interested. Details?

13 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

I was wondering what was taking so long to get the cocking lever! Cash the check and send it, let me know what more I owe you!  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rekraps said:

I was wondering what was taking so long to get the cocking lever! Cash the check and send it, let me know what more I owe you!  

Thanks.

That is going to be some expensive shipping costs!  Let us know if you spring for the MP44 and please share pictures.

When I hear people talk about the WW2 German small arms and how deadly they were and some think superior to US small weapons, I never fail to point out that the Germans with there Lugers, P-38's, MP-38/40's, were only hurling half as much lead per round as the Americans. 115 grain vs. 230 grain with the American M1911, Thompson, and M3 Greasegun, if you get hit by any one of those, you are down for the count. If I were a German soldier in that war, I would have been much more afraid of getting hit by the US small arms. As a combatant in that war, I do suppose not many soldiers considered such things, they were just praying that they wouldn't get hit at all! 

2 hours ago, Mike Hammer said:

When I hear people talk about the WW2 German small arms and how deadly they were and some think superior to US small weapons, I never fail to point out that the Germans with there Lugers, P-38's, MP-38/40's, were only hurling half as much lead per round as the Americans. 115 grain vs. 230 grain with the American M1911, Thompson, and M3 Greasegun, if you get hit by any one of those, you are down for the count. If I were a German soldier in that war, I would have been much more afraid of getting hit by the US small arms. As a combatant in that war, I do suppose not many soldiers considered such things, they were just praying that they wouldn't get hit at all! 

Great points, but the real "killer" was the MG32/34's. Even today nothing we have matches those MG's. 

2 hours ago, Mike Hammer said:

Some think?   Most think.  German small arms were light years ahead of US military decision makers who remain clueless to this day.  The .45 acp  at any significant distance won't penetrate a heavy jacket, since it's like hurling a small stone.  You also forgot about dozens of other subguns, a pile of other handguns, and guns they procured from other countries like high powers, etc. that they utilized.  Late war the MP44's came aboard and replaced many subguns.  Fortunately wars are not generally won by superior small arms.

I study these guns side by side and the differences are actually stunning during the same time periods of use.  Bear in mind that Americans....Maxim, Browning, Lewis and others were shunned here by military brass and sold their goods and engineering in Europe primarily.  The fact that the Browning brothers mostly stayed in the US to support colt with engineering is probably the only thing that saved the US? It's really rather scary when you look back?

Was mainly referring to the weapons which used 9mm vs those that used 45acp. I am well aware of the excellent larger automatic weapons that the Germans had available, and I agree that they were quite deadly