• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:07 PM

I just scanned H.R. 1808, the "Assault Weapons Ban" bill moving through the House. I realize it has little chance of passing the Senate this year, but it is concerning. If I'm understanding correctly, it doesn't add further restrictions to NFA guns, but it does ban the sale and possession of new "large capacity ammunition feeding devices," defined as mags over ten rounds. I don't see any carveout for Thompson and other NFA gun mags. It's my impression that we'd  be allowed to buy and sell Thompsons as usual, but could not buy or sell any mags. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

#2 mohawk64

mohawk64

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:07 PM

In that case-- you don't tell everything you know.

#3 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:54 PM

I never do.

#4 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 08:15 PM

Heard earlier on that the mags over ten rounds would also be grandfathered in and you could keep them without selling or giving them away, but you can't pass them on to next of kin. What that means is that when you die, they go to the government.
All of this indicates necessity for an underlying registration scheme of all guns, magazines, drums, etc

Pretty insidious stuff.

Edited by john, 29 July 2022 - 08:15 PM.

#5 Roland the Thompsongunner

Roland the Thompsongunner

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:I am into motorcycles both dirt and street. Musclecars, and WWII reenacting and weapons.

Posted 30 July 2022 - 01:14 PM

A fear sooner or later one of these bans will pass and we will be like Canada or worse. Really contemplating dumping much of my stuff before its worthless and has to be destroyed

#6 Gio

Gio

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Guns
    Harley Motorcycles

Posted 30 July 2022 - 02:12 PM

And just think that some on this board voted for this ( President).

Frank

#7 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1402 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 02:57 PM

Howd you feel sinking a pile of time, effort and money into a business, only to see it potentially ruined by 535 assholes in DC who dictate their feelings from behind a wall of armed security?

#8 firearm

firearm

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's

Posted 30 July 2022 - 03:53 PM

Howd you feel sinking a pile of time, effort and money into a business, only to see it potentially ruined by 535 assholes in DC who dictate their feelings from behind a wall of armed security?

Sooner or later, they will get one through the system. It will then be decision time.  

#9 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1475 posts
  • Interests:NRA Patron member
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 30 July 2022 - 05:07 PM

Assault bans and mag bans are all over but the shouting. SCOTUS has spoken.

#10 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 1087 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, fine wine, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 30 July 2022 - 05:32 PM

The time will soon be here when you will have to decide if you will actually follow all of these unconstitutional laws that are passed by these communists/globalist nazis. It’s coming believe me. I know what path I will follow.

#11 TennesseeTaylor95

TennesseeTaylor95

• Regular Group
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Collecting militaria and firearms. I also enjoy fine cigars and pipe tobacco. I used to have a 1968 mustang, but I sold it to buy more militaria and firearms.

Posted 30 July 2022 - 06:50 PM

The time will soon be here when you will have to decide if you will actually follow all of these unconstitutional laws that are passed by these communists/globalist nazis. Its coming believe me. I know what path I will follow.

Very true. Everyone has to draw their own line in the sand somewhere, and it is best have a plan in place by the time someone is attempting to cross that line. I feel that many people (myself included) have had a flase sense of hope for too long that someone else will step up, be the hero, and fight for your rights and liberties for you, but at the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own safety and ensuring the preservation of our rights and liberties without help from anyone else. We (collectively speaking) have to be willing to accept that standing up and protecting our rights and liberties will likely come at some cost. This could be from potential hardships imposed by government, your employer firing you for not conforming to their policies that you believe encroach on your rights, or having a falling out with neighbors, friends, and even family members that do not see eye to eye with your view points. However, those individuals that are willing to stand up and prevent the degradation of their rights are the ones that will appreciate them the most because they know what the true cost of being free is. Hopefully, if/when the time comes, enough like minded individuals will come together and be that hero for others and themselves to fight for the core rights and principles that this country was founded on. I hope that this comment made sense and didn't sound like a, poorly explained, long winded rant.

#12 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 1087 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, fine wine, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 30 July 2022 - 07:44 PM

Your comment is well spoken and accurate. We have already passed the rubicon, people will have to decide if they will be a herd of sheep or free people and fight for the Constitution, as all 3 branches of government have disregarded it for far to long and want to rewrite it to their liking.

Edited by Mike Hammer, 31 July 2022 - 07:01 AM.

#13 TennesseeTaylor95

TennesseeTaylor95

• Regular Group
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Collecting militaria and firearms. I also enjoy fine cigars and pipe tobacco. I used to have a 1968 mustang, but I sold it to buy more militaria and firearms.

Posted 30 July 2022 - 09:04 PM

I couldn't agree more. Our public servants no longer act in the best interests of those that they serve, but rather do what is in their own best interests. Both sides point fingers and resort to name calling on the majority of things, unless it will help them get re-elected. Yet they will come together as a whole to pass a pay raise for themselves as if they don't already make enough off of the inside information and connections they make while being in office.
I also agree that the choice you mention is going to the big hurdle for everyone to make as their future will depend on it. My choice might not be the most popular one, but I will not be going with the herd to trade my rights and liberty for "safety" and I certainly will not go quietly into the night. I align with Thomas Jefferson's quote," I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery" as I believe that rebellions against the government help keep government officals in check and not become disassociated from those that they serve (that is my belief why there has been/is such a witch hunt going on after the Jan. 6th riot; the rioters have shaken them and made them realize that they are not free from the consequences of their decisions).
Finally, not to come off as a sensationalist as I am a simple man that just wants to be left alone, but in the words of the character Jed Eckert in Red Dawn, " C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!"

#14 Oldtrooper

Oldtrooper

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 10:16 PM

Frustrating. I have worked for the government in both the military and law enforcement, passed the GSA background check, (which is so tedious that they practically want to know who my ancestors worked for in indentured servitude) been approved by the ATF to hold class-3 permits, and have never broken any laws. I would think that I would be viewed as trustworthy. Yet I sit here wondering if I should keep what I have or give it all to my son now while I can. I have already given him quite a few weapons as I have seen this coming. I will say this, before I would surrender my tommy guns, I would heat them in my forge and pound them into scrap on my anvil. (Then they can take them)

The passing of federal red flag laws in effect takes away a person's first amendment rights ... Complain too much to your senator or representative about the second amendment over-reaches and they might consider you an extremist and send federal law enforcement agencies to steal your property.

All of us here are in the same boat.

Old age has ruined most of my hobbies ... Now the government is trying to finish them off.

#15 maxfaxdude

maxfaxdude

• Regular Group
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:All stuff NFA

Posted 31 July 2022 - 12:07 AM

House bill will be DOA in the Senate.

But like everyone else, many of our law makers (if you want to call them that) have gone full retard.

Just as others have said: I worry about the future... 

#16 mohawk64

mohawk64

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 512 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 05:32 AM

Other countries have had their lawmakers go crazy -- it can happen here as well.

#17 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 909 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 09:27 AM

Yup. What Jim said.
And it did happen here....the assault weapon ban of 94.
Everyone said that would never happen.

Big problem with congress is they are immune from prosecution legislating unconstitutional stuff like this, so they pull this crap all the time to pander vites and then stand back laughing, saying "Let the Supreme Court deal with it".
Make them accountable for their actions and install some term limits with no pension and they mught perform as our founding fathers intended.

And let the voters decide if they get a raise each year too. With all the money they grab from lobbyists and insider trading they should pay big money to act in office!

#18 ebeeby

ebeeby

• Board Benefactor
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 12:34 PM

I predict there will be a lot of boating accidents...

#19 Rimcrew

Rimcrew

• Board Benefactor
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 01:25 PM

I predict there will be a lot of boating accidents...

And then what? They stay hidden forever? Might as well turn them in.

We will never be stronger than the day they ban them. One needs to plan their response before they come knocking

#20 ppgcowboy

ppgcowboy

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1245 posts
  • Interests:Guns, aviation, didgeridoo, banjo, metal detecting.

Posted 31 July 2022 - 01:39 PM

I blame the idiots who had their feelings hurt by a few mean tweets and wondered how Joke Biden could be worse. Democrats tell you they despise the constitution yet idiots still vote for them.