- - - - -

ATF cashed check 10 months ago ....

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 Rabbit57

Rabbit57

• Regular Group
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, gun collecting, military history, reloading, and hiking.

Posted 17 March 2022 - 04:51 PM

Darn....

#62 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Hot Rods and Thompsons

Posted 22 March 2022 - 07:27 AM

I just bought a machinegun from a dealer  (in Tennessee) and he E filed form 3 to my dealer (North Dakota) on 3/17/22 and it was approved 3/18/22.  He shipped the gun yesterday (3/21/22)  and it should be at my dealer 3/24/22.  I will E file form 4 when it gets here. 

U D

#63 ebeeby

ebeeby

• Board Benefactor
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 11:18 AM

I just bought a machinegun from a dealer  (in Tennessee) and he E filed form 3 to my dealer (North Dakota) on 3/17/22 and it was approved 3/18/22.  He shipped the gun yesterday (3/21/22)  and it should be at my dealer 3/24/22.  I will E file form 4 when it gets here. 

U D

Looking forward to your efile form 4 results!

#64 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 12:40 PM

U D

I have 2 form 4 paper in December 2021 and will be 2 e file March 2022.  I post the results.

#65 ebeeby

ebeeby

• Board Benefactor
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 12:38 PM

U D

I have 2 form 4 paper in December 2021 and will be 2 e file March 2022.  I post the results.

My local gun shop is small, but Class III.  He investigated eFile and said that you have to buy a "system" to make it work because the photos, prints etc. can't just be scanned but have to be sent in some sort of proprietary file format for eFile.  The latest cost of such a "system" is about $5,000 according to him.

He asked me to ask you which or what "system" your North Dakota guy is using to do your form 4 transfer - if you wouldn't mind sharing that.

Thanks,

Eric

#66 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 03:24 PM

U D

My local gun shop is small, but Class III.  He investigated eFile and said that you have to buy a "system" to make it work because the photos, prints etc. can't just be scanned but have to be sent in some sort of proprietary file format for eFile.  The latest cost of such a "system" is about $5,000 according to him.

He asked me to ask you which or what "system" your North Dakota guy is using to do your form 4 transfer - if you wouldn't mind sharing that.

Thanks,

Eric

I'll ask tomorrow.  They do a lot of silencers so they updated to the new equipment.

U D

#67 Varminter

Varminter

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 09:40 AM

ATF received my Form 4 for a WW2 Thompson Aug 2nd. Called them yesterday and they said currently they've been taking 8 months.

Time to order more ammo.

#68 Mikenmick

Mikenmick

• Board Donor
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 11:21 AM

Wish I had good news to pass along, unfortunately not as I purchased my thompson 28a1 last March, form 4 sent to my dealer 3 weeks later, ATF cashed check early may, checked status yesterday, advised currently in pending status with current wait times pushing 1 year possibly longer due to new e-forms currently hitting the systems, will update once notified of any changes

#69 Mikenmick

Mikenmick

• Board Donor
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 11:21 AM

Wish I had good news to pass along, unfortunately not as I purchased my thompson 28a1 last March, form 4 sent to my dealer 3 weeks later, ATF cashed check early may, checked status yesterday, advised currently in pending status with current wait times pushing 1 year possibly longer due to new e-forms currently hitting the systems, will update once notified of any changes

#70 ranger1385

ranger1385

• Regular Group
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 11:22 AM

ATF received my Form 4 for a WW2 Thompson Aug 2nd. Called them yesterday and they said currently they've been taking 8 months.

Time to order more ammo.

Atf cashed my check last April on C&R Thompson.  Maybe I got a slow examiner.  

#71 maxfaxdude

maxfaxdude

• Regular Group
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:All stuff NFA

Posted 26 March 2022 - 05:46 PM

Time to order more ammo.

Atf cashed my check last April on C&R Thompson.  Maybe I got a slow examiner.  

NFA tracker shows that most Form 4 approvals are now taking almost a year or more.  

#72 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 855 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 26 March 2022 - 11:32 PM

I just got four Form 4's back (dealer to individual) approved in 11 months. All sent in together. All received the same day. Looking at a Form 3 going from us to another dealer, going on 2 months. If I were king.....

#73 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 855 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 26 March 2022 - 11:32 PM

Dup.

Edited by Waffen Und Bier, 26 March 2022 - 11:32 PM.

#74 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 04:15 PM

U D

Thanks,

Eric

We finally got the last transfer done today, efiled.  The dealer said his equipment was about $7,000.00.  He had to buy ATF approved equipment from a list and the printer needs to be FBI certified. We have 2 Thompsons on paper form 4 in state and now 2 form 4 e filed.  The dealer I got this Ruger from said he already had a couple 9 week form 4 approvals since the first of the year.  

Attached Files

Edited by Uncle Dudley, 30 March 2022 - 04:20 PM.

#75 ebeeby

ebeeby

• Board Benefactor
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the update!  What is he charging per transfer (in order to pay off the $7K equipment)?

#76 Uncle Dudley

Uncle Dudley

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 665 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for the update!  What is he charging per transfer (in order to pay off the $7K equipment)?

$100.00-transfer and $40-electronic fingerprints.

U D

#77 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1399 posts
  • Interests:"Easy money, faithless women, red-eye whiskey for the pain"

Posted 28 April 2022 - 10:36 AM

Lanchester transfer

F4 mailed: 3 May 2021

Card billed: 7 May 2021

F4 approved: 24 April 2022

Stamp received: ?? Hell hasn't frozen over yet.

#78 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 671 posts
  • Interests:WWII history, firearms, and accessories; Thompson magazines, especially drums

Posted 28 April 2022 - 11:17 AM

Just received notice in the past five days that three of my Form 4's had been approved.  Two were 11 months old, and the other was 8.5 months.  Interestingly, they were from two different dealers, but all three were approved by the same person on the same day.  So perhaps the ATF is starting to get organized.

Both dealers also said that their E-form 4's have been taking around 3 months from submission to approval.  So, assuming that they keep that system tuned and running, wait times may be much better in the future.

Forever hopeful....

#79 mnshooter

mnshooter

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 2252 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 11:35 AM

A friend just received his stamp for a (form 4 paper Trust) suppressor.

13 Months.

#80 tommyboy

tommyboy

• Regular Group
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 12:29 PM

Just had four paper form 4s approved to me on the same date from the same examiner. One was 8 months old, one was 6, one 5 and one 4 months old. It definitely appears like that are once again batching forms. I also have one e-form 4 thats just under two months old that was not included with the others.

Edited by tommyboy, 28 April 2022 - 12:30 PM.