TATA Summer Show & Shoot

The Show & Shoot is on July 24th and 25th (Friday & Saturday). I received the same packet and did not notice the word August. The Show has been held in August for many years, only changing to July this year. Sorry about the confusion.

I spoke to Tracie this weekend at the Ohio Gun Collectors Association meeting. He was pleased with the response from everyone that has sent in their paperwork. We will have a good crowd on hand. If you have not signed up for the show and think there is any possibility you could make it, contact Chuck, Ron or me and we will speak with Tracie about putting you on a list of possible attendees. In this busy world we understand plans change and opportunities arise. It is going to be a fun weekend!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

My 17 year old son is able to join me, a little short notice. is there an issue with him attending the show and possibly shoot, if he does the safety training? I will pay for a ticket.

If anyone knows, let me know. I can drop Tracie a note I guess....

Edited by joseph12297

I don't see a problem but you need to drop Tracie a note ASAP so he will expect another person, especially for the dinner count on Saturday night. And he can have your son's name badge ready. Tracie will mostly likely accept any additional payment due at the door.

• 1 month later...

All,

Just bumping this up for one last reminder that the American Thompson Association Show and Shoot will be this weekend in Granville, Ohio. Please PM me if there are any people wanting to attend that haven't yet signed up. I will pass the information along to Tracie Hill. For any first time attendees, please identify your self when you get there to myself (Chuck Schauer), Tom Davis, Ron Brock or Dave Albert. We will be introducing the new members and first time attendees before the lecture at 1:00 pm on Friday. Looking forward to seeing new and old members at the show.

I don't see a problem but you need to drop Tracie a note ASAP so he will expect another person, especially for the dinner count on Saturday night. And he can have your son's name badge ready. Tracie will mostly likely accept any additional payment due at the door.

And he won't say "hi" or "hello", "how you been" first, he will just say, "You owe me some money." And not even smile while saying it.

As he did to me my last time there.

Of course, how Tracie greets Mike is different than how he greets all the other members :P

As Chuck stated above, we want to meet with all the first time attendees before the lectures begin at 1:30pm. I tried to reach out to everyone I could but did not have a complete listing of e-mail addresses. If you are a first time attendee, try to arrive around noon on Friday and seek out Chuck, David or me. This short 1:00pm meeting is not scripted, very informal and designed to make the show and shoot even more enjoyable. Perhaps Mike should attend...

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

If you notice a difference in Chuck's post and Tom's it is not because I won't say hi to you; it is because I have had some issues that prevent me from attending as I am south of the Equator.

I would like to wish all first timers, and even Mike, a great show. Thank you for attending this great event and I encourage you to ask people about their displays as all are willing to talk your ear off, except for TD as he is pretty introverted.

As a new person it can be intimidating to strike up a conversation with strangers but keep in mind all people here have the same addiction. It's much like a support group! With the introduction meeting you will instantly meet some people and also be introduced to more. It is the people of this club that continue to make this the best weekend of the year. I cannot begin to express the level of disappointment that I have for missing, however enough caipirinhas certainly helps.

If you ever have any questions or want to talk about the show, feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks and have a great event!

HAHA! It is all in fun of course. For all the first timers, it is a fun bunch that loves to tease each other, except TD. I did consider going again this year, since I won't be in Fiji as planned.

But, I will go if Arthur Fliegenheimer shows up.

As a first timer attending this year I am looking forward to the event and time. I have been working the last two weekends and weekdays, so looking forward to the opportunity to get away and talk/meet the individuals attending. I look forward to seeing all the displays.

I look forward to a good time and good company.

Sincerely,

Keith Koca

Edited by Kocapuff1

HAHA! It is all in fun of course. For all the first timers, it is a fun bunch that loves to tease each other, except TD. I did consider going again this year, since I won't be in Fiji as planned.

But, I will go if Arthur Fliegenheimer shows up.

Mike,

You should come to the show and shoot. Tracie would probably take your money at the door... :P

David

I would like to say Thank You to The entire Hill family for hosting a great show and time this year. I met a lot of members and had a great time looking at the displays and learning from the various members and seminars. Again, Thank you to Tracie, Donna and family for hosting a wonderful event. Till next year...

Best Regards,

Darren

Edited by hntrdarren
  • Upvote 1

Here are some videos of me in the second round of the steel shoot, losing both rounds to T. Storrs...At least it was close. He advanced 2 more brackets after beating Colt Chopper, and me. Many thanks to jrlumpp for sending me the video.

https://youtu.be/RSZNxKu_m84

https://youtu.be/FDczl5PS6GU

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

TD smoked me! Now we wait another year to do it all over again.

Thanks to the Hills for hosting a great weekend!

It was a very nice enjoyable show and shoot. The shooting was very enjoyable, especially the steel plates. I would like to see a farther distance on the steel plates next year, this could make the competition also more interesting with possible misses when you are competing against the other shooter. (The mag change added in on the semi-finals killed my time since I wasn't proficient in a Thompson quick mag change, but it did add an additional level of stress and separated times). It was great to meet everyone that attended. A wealth of knowledge and great displays. Thank you to all that attended and I appreciate the individuals who spent their own time to converse with me and answer questions. A special thank you to the Hill family to opening your home again this year for the event and Tracie has a most impressive display that was great to be able to see. As a first timer attendee I appreciate all attendees and the hard work from the board members/Range Safeties of putting it all together. I hope I am able to attend next year, but I just found out I'm looking at a possible deployment training event at a CTC next year and a year deployment in 2017, so I hope my July 2016 is open to attend. Thank you all again and a special thank you to Chuck for the opportunity, driving out with you, your time, friendship and you allowing me to shoot your Colt 1928 in the paper match; a beautiful Colt 1928. Thank you Larry for allowing me to shoot your Colt 21 in the steel plate match and the free shoot after; it was most enjoyable, beautiful Colt 21 and your friendship. Tino and your lovely wife thank you for allowing me to shoot your M1A1 and the HK MP5!

Edited by Kocapuff1