Efile approvals are getting shorter

BillinBama

New record for me, I efiled a form 4 December's 22 and it was approved Feb 13. 

E-Form 4 from the dealer to me, submitted on 20 December 2023 (using EFT files for the fingerprints)
Approved 26 February 2024.

I was pleasantly shocked by the speed of service.

And then on 27 February E-Forms went down...

Richard

Well, of course I hate all you guys, with my PPSH41 submission date of Feb 6, 2023 and two other items that I was resigned to waiting a year of more.... Until I decided to write a nice note to the Director of the ATF. Naturally I was polite, but made my case for my dissatisfaction with the process. Anyway, two days ago I received approval for all three of my items in jail. Not sure if the letter helped, but thanks to the ATF for recognizing my issues and getting the items approved. 

Well I submitted a efile form 4 on Feb 9, 2023. Hopefully when they get efile working correctly again I will get an approval notice.... Don't think I will hold my breath on that. Most likely many more months with my luck.

New record for me, just this morning received notice of a suppressor approval I submitted electronically on Feb. 15.  That's 19 days!

I was very lucky. Dealer did a mail-in application, took 1 year to get approval.  2 weeks after approval, different dealer did an e-file application on a Thursday, approval came on the following Monday, 4 days.  Hit the approval jackpot!

• Like 1

My buddy did an e-file last Saturday.  I joked that it would be approved by Tuesday.  It was.  He picked it up Tuesday afternoon.  There is some speculation that ATF is trying to quickly lower the average wait time due to some pressure they received after a funding increase did not improve wait times.  We’ll see if it lasts, but it proves that 2-day transfers are possible.

David

I have a suspicion a lot depends on what is transferring.  If it's junk, like a suppressor or form 1 sb- whatever,  there isn't any research to do so they press the easy button and do those fast to boost the numbers.   If it's a MG that hasn't been transferred on to a non-dealer in 20 years you will wait......  I have an SBR that should be done in 6 weeks coming back in a week or so with a correction, but MGs that are out 4 months already with no end in sight.  None are efiled, so you have to use help available in the office... which is scarce.  Switching from FIFO to random easy transfers isn't really going to help anyone long term who has skin in the game IMO.

I've never heard of "pressure" on any gov agency....especially these days.    You can go here https://www.congress.gov/help/legislative-glossary 

and type in "performance standard"   and you'll find no governmental definition or reference......that is all you need to know.  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my latest approval,  11 days with mailing in the fingerprint cards.

I just got a paper form 1 back today on an SBR.  About 60 days.  The machine guns from Nov. are not approved yet, so the "batch" concept is not real.   Have an e-filed form 3 just clear....3 weeks, so as to reiterate, there is no pattern, and what they post about the process seems to be untrue in some cases?  On the stuff I've had for sale on sturm, those went out on paper form3's and rarely exceeded 2 weeks including mail time.  The pattern of "no pattern" has been in place since probably 2016?  Before that, you could make some predictions.  For now, all I see is SBR and cans go fast, MG's and more complicated trust and Corp transfers seem to baffle them?   Even a transfer of a MG to a C+R took 3 extra months of "research" to see if it was possible?

It's like KJP is in charge of all transfers?  Maybe she has a sister?  Andy is at afte?

Then there's this "AUTHORIZED NFA DIVISION OFFICIAL" signature, or not a signature at the bottom?  They either brought in a bunch of contractors or other employees that don't work there to do "easy" transfers or ?    Or do they not want the stalkers who have the examiner website to keep track of them?  When did this start?

20240330_070013[1].jpg

Edited by johnsonlmg41

That's a new one, ive not seen that on the signature line. If they indeed are turning over new e-file form 4's quickly( and mine have been very fast the past two months), what about those sent in early in 2023? I'm still waiting on a customer's form 4 that I e-filed in March.  Not fair for sure.

Hey guys, Sammy here and first post! I used the $50 service from Silencer Co. to help process my Form 1 to swap out barrels on my AO 1927a1 (10.5” finned from Apex!)

Silencer process took 4-5 business days. Once I hit submit on ATF’s eForms site 16 March and received approval 19 March 2024… THREE DAYS!

Hope everyone else’s gets some speed on them too!!!

I'm still waiting on a suppressor transfer. E-file trust from Silencer Shop. It went pending 1/15/24. I don't understand how you guys get them approved in a week...smh

• Like 1