Transfer Times.....

Tokarev57

Just spoke with an examiner last week about my form 1 on a dewatt Ingram M6, long story but if I had not called it would have been lost in a desk for a long time, now it should be in my mailbox any day. He stated their goal was 90 days for transfers but it may take 2 years to get there. In the digital age, 30 days should be max. including time in transit. Govt. at its worst. Too bad we will have to wait for a new administration to maybe fix this mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Paper Form 4 - Mailed - 14 December 2013

Check Cashed - 20 December 2013

Pending - 28 January 2014

Approved - 24 July 2014

Examiner was Diane R. Wood. The gun came out of Oregon to Tennessee, if they are still assigning Examiners base on the Transferor's address.

It does look like they are making progress with the backlog.

Picked up my WWII M3 grease gun today and have already determined that it shoots great.

1. NFA item: Machine gun
2. Form Type: Paper Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 12/16/13
5. Check Cashed: 12/20/13
6. Approved: 08/26/14

So, just over eight months.

Congrats Tracer on your M3 grease gun and welcome to the boards. I'm 4.5 months down a Colt 1927A , Form 4. Hopefully a nice Christmas present in December.

Darren

Two form 4s just arrived today..61/2 months from mailing...trust transfers...made my customers` day.. :happy:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just picked up my M-2 carbine in paratrooper trim. It was a private in-state sale. Details:

1. NFA item: machine gun
2. Form Type: paper Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Living Trust
4. Forms Received: 4/6/14
5. Check Cashed: 4/9/14
6. Approved Date: 9/4/14

Five months start to finish. However, it took well over a month for the approved Form 4 to reach the seller after approval. Not to complain, as even with that delay it was still the quickest Form 4 turnaround I've experienced.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the "We are our own worst enemy" files, check this out.... Getting street cred with the teenagers at everyone's expense:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/366647_What_amusing_reasons_have_you_gotten_approved_under_Why_You_Intend_to_Make_Firearm_.html

The applicable quotation might better be the one from Pogo -- if anyone is old enough to remember that comic strip character: "We have met the enemy and he is us."

• 2 weeks later...

Buddy just got his stamp today, 5 months almost to the day. Sent to received. 28 Thompson.

I picked up yesterday my very honest WWII MP40 smg. Details:

4. Forms Received: 10/4/14
5. Approved Date: 01/16/15

Three-and-a-half months (!) start to finish, easily the fastest Form 4 turnaround I've experienced.

I picked up yesterday my very honest WWII MP40 smg. Details:

4. Forms Received: 10/4/14

5. Approved Date: 01/16/15

Three-and-a-half months (!) start to finish, easily the fastest Form 4 turnaround I've experienced.

Encouraging news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on my 1928 Thompson, and it went pending May 5th last year.

Are the times on form 4s for machine guns and suppressors different? I thought they would be the same being on the same form. Why I ask is I just picked up a can from my dealer having only waited 90 days.

No difference in my experience. F4 xfer times have been running 90 to 120 days for me lately. Fastest ever for me was 6 weeks for a can in 2010. In general I thinks the good old days are here again for wait times.