Anyone going to Knob Creek ?

no rain, but chilly. a bit windy too.

Allegheny Arms has a nice 21AC for sale. asking 42K. looks very clean. Serial Number 7825. The Riflemen has the unmarked M1 with Colt Hand stampings on the bolt for sale, although the closest I could get to him giving me a price was "too expensive for you". this gun was the subject of prior threads regarding its provenance. He also had a gold plated pimped out M16 that belonged to either Sadam or a Saudi prince depending on when you ask him--Sadam at SAR, Saudi prince here (unpriced) and 2 single digit Armalite AR15 full autos-also unpriced, but Neil Smith thought hey were each north of 150K. Greg Fox has a table with some very nice reproduction cases as well as a military savage thompson for sale. I saw a few west hurleys in the 17-18k range and a few M1 Savages in the low 20's range. Not much by way of accessories for sale. Ohio Ordnance and US Armament have a good supply of military parts available. Enjoyed spending time with friends --old and new and looking forward to tomorrow. if you are coming, dress warmly. low 31, high 54. topped out at 49 today.

I will make it there Saturday(first time) with dreams of finding a Chauchat barrel assembly and/or bolt for my REWAT. If anyone spots one before I arrive, I'd love to hear about it. (Ray@wwiifirearms.com)

Not banking on finding it, but I think my 10 year old son and I will enjoy the show either way.

Your son will definitely enjoy it! Stay for the night shoot!

Tom Davis and I visited the dealer that has the so called Colt M1 Thompson. I was not able to get a price from him. Tom though was able to elicit "we will consider reasonable offers" and their view that at a minimum, a reasonable offer "is at least 7 figures." while the seller was willing to show us the outside of the gun, he would not let us examine the internals. in addition to the Colt serial number "EXP1", there is a number stamped on the upper receiver behind the sight. I believe it was 1914A.

there were some military drums for sale for $1100, a nice condition box of second pattern shot shells for $650, a good condition shot mag for $1000 and a reblued WPS drum in a military pouch for $1200. there was another Colt Thompson today, 21AC, No. 8147, included an L drum and 4 patent date mags for 45k. Did not handle the gun, but there was some discussion about whether this gun was owned by the dealer selling it or whether it was brokered/consigned and if the latter, whether the barrel was bulged as an owner of a Colt Thompson from the same PD was recently looking for a 21AC barrel for a gun.

the weather was challenging today--had some sun, but also some rain, sleet and hail. not as cold though as yesterday. supposed to be sunny tomorrow, hi 48, low 32.

• Upvote 2

Yesterday was a fun day. Had lunch and MG related adventures with TD., Sig, and DLansky. Also spoke to Colt Chopper, Tino (TM76), and Got Uzi. I had missed the last 2 creeks, so it was good to get back.

I bought a Strombeck-Becker manufactured, British used horizontal grip with left hand mounted sling swivel at a very good price. It has cross hatching marks, and a well done British armorer wood patch from where the sling swivel was moved from the bottom to the left hand side. I'll probably post more about it, because there was some discussion about whether it was British, or Australian, or both.

I also bought an original commercial Reising SMG 5-cell pouch, which is quite rare. Only the second one I've seen...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I bet it was difficult for Sig to let go...!

Thanks for all the info guys! Gotta go back again. I just might have my wife convinced she should go too.

Here's #7825. It's a very nice Colt. Sig is the hand model...

attachicon.gifIMG_3175.jpg

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Almost lost my phone on that one! Apparently as the dealer handed it to me I dropped the phone concentrating to make sure that firearm was not scratched. It is a wonderful Thompson and you do not see many in that condition.

I tried hard to turn up a Chauchat barrel today, but just ended up buying 2 Chauchat mags and an mp-18 cleaning rod. Still got to see some great stuff. Can't believe how much dust gets kicked up all over everything. It must take a month the clean some peoples inventory of nice stuff after the show. Huey broke down three flights before my son and I where supposed to go for a ride. Guess we'll have to come back. ;-)

I feel bad I likely saw some of you today, but I can't put names with faces (or forum names with real names.). I'm easy to spot, I'm the guy asking everyone if they have a Chauchat barrel while carrying one with a welded chamber. :-)

Here's #7825. It's a very nice Colt. Sig is the hand model...

attachicon.gifIMG_3175.jpg

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

In my former life I did commercial photography. They were known as hand jobs.

Funny

BUT

No hand jobs going on, I was not paid and I don't have a SAG card!!
It was an honor to inspect and hold it.

Phil Flack I believe is the dealer with 8147. PF Arms I believe is the business. Good guy. he was not there when I looked at the gun. another gentlemen was watching the table and did not have any info on the gun.

• Upvote 1

Probably better to have it break in front of you then while your in it!

I tried hard to turn up a Chauchat barrel today, but just ended up buying 2 Chauchat mags and an mp-18 cleaning rod. Still got to see some great stuff. Can't believe how much dust gets kicked up all over everything. It must take a month the clean some peoples inventory of nice stuff after the show. Huey broke down three flights before my son and I where supposed to go for a ride. Guess we'll have to come back. ;-)

I feel bad I likely saw some of you today, but I can't put names with faces (or forum names with real names.). I'm easy to spot, I'm the guy asking everyone if they have a Chauchat barrel while carrying one with a welded chamber. :-)

Mohawk64,

I returned to Knob Creek today. First on my list was to get you the contact information on NO 8147. The owner of NO 8147 is Phil Flack, owner of P.F. Customs Guns in Ashville, NC. Cell Phone Number: 828-231-9487. I agree with DLANSKY about Phil. He seems like a very nice person. He opened the case and I took a good look at the left side of NO 8147. It is a very nice Colt. I am sure Phil would have let me inspect it further but since I am not an interested buyer I did not want it soaking up all that Knob Creek dust and dirt. A New York drum is also included. I took a few pictures through the glass case. Contact me at tkd5501@fuse.net and I will forward you the pictures.

Phil Flack is one of the best guys in the business!

The first gun I bought from him was a VZ-58 (posty) Phil had described to Tony who was interested in buying it, (remember him Tom?).

Tony passed on it because of Phil's description of its condition, I was also sceptical after Phil told me about the gun, but since there aren't many out there for sale I bought it.

After it transferred, I picked it up at Knob Creek, Tony was with me... he cried and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it..brand new original condition!

Phil said he doesn't over describe firearms because he would rather you be surprised than disappointed. I have had the same experience buying guns from him since.

Buy with confidence from Phil!!