PK’d 1928 Westie Package for Sale

With Daves Permission:

After careful consideration I am looking into selling my 1928 PKd Westie along with several other items as a package deal. First is the fully PK reworked 1928. The work was completed about 3 years ago and I have the receipt showing the serial number and what work was done. Some upgrades include a Herigstad flat ejector, original Lyman ladder site, 1921 style front site and PK internals to function as either a 1928 or a 1921. Other items include a Merle tuned serialized C drum, 4 Taiwanese L drums, a Herigstad viola case and several spare parts. Id also include a few books: Richardsons Thompson Technical volume 1, American Thunder, Thompson: the American Legend, and American Thunder third edition. My asking price for the collection is $25K primarily considering what I think the value of the gun would be. Ill take some additional pictures of the spare parts, drums, etc. please PM me if you have any questions or think I am way off on the price. It has truly been a pleasure to own and enjoy but now its someone elses turn.post-258624-0-99001700-1618872220_thumb.jpeg

The general public wont have a clue who pk is. The expect your gun will run whether its gone to pk or not. Some may put a slightly higher value for a pk job, some nay not give you $1 more. Ww2 Thompsons have been selling $19-21,000. West hurleys $16-17,000

The Thompson has lost -$5,000 in value over the years. Theres too many for sale

Edited by huggytree

If you didn’t get any bites at that price you will probably have to come down some. The extras you include don’t add significant price to the package and those drums are lower priced on the totum pole, and many people already have enough drums and mags. Maybe you could try selling the extras separately. The gun is nice, I also have a PK’d WH, but I don’t think I would list it for higher than 20k.

Thanks to all for the feedback. This board has always been extremely helpful with all things related to Thompsons! Ill offer the collection to board members for $20K, otherwise Ill hold on to it and maybe have my great grandchildren see what the market is for the 200th anniversary of the Thompson in 2121!

Get what you can get now the way the nation is headed we may be back to slingshots by that time. Probably no better time to sell any firearms and ammo would be now. We on this forum are the last of the breed and the era. Nobody is coming behind us.If you see any Mayans or Aztec or Spartans today let me know..I will not go into other tribes.{too many to list} you will get my point.good luck on the sale it will move all you need is one person, Not ten.RON K.

Get what you can get now the way the nation is headed we may be back to slingshots by that time. Probably no better time to sell any firearms and ammo would be now. We on this forum are the last of the breed and the era. Nobody is coming behind us.If you see any Mayans or Aztec or Spartans today let me know..I will not go into other tribes.{too many to list} you will get my point.good luck on the sale it will move all you need is one person, Not ten.RON K.

Flat out fake news. Now is a great time to sell, but there are a LOT of new/ younger guys in the market for MG's, hence why the prices are up on them. On some high dollar items I've sold recently they were all new guys. I don't have specific age demographics, but all were under 55. Whether or not they are into Thompson's is a different question. I put my Thompson's in the CD category, hoping to generate 0.5% a year, but a necessity to the collection.

I'd pony up maybe 1k extra for a PK'd WH over a factory one, because in my experience (the one I had and some friends had/have) they all seemed to work. No doubt the PK work is good and great if your gun didn't work but in the real world a nice WH 28 will have a tough time breaking 20K currently. My advice would be gunbroker, gun only, start at 18k if you truly intend to sell it and hope two guys get into a bidding war and push it to 21k.

I'm not buying another house anytime soon, but that doesn't mean a whole lot of other people are not? Sometimes you have to take off the blinders and pay attention or participate in a market to know what's going on.

Ville28, good luck with the sale.

Hopefully, anyone seriously looking at a Thompson will eventually learned who PK is and what he does and the value that represents.

Otherwise they will make a serious mistake. To me, there is Colt, WWII guns PK 1928’s and then the rest starting at 16K. As I prefer to have a drum as an option it’s PK’s Which is really not even remotely a WH, the only thing WH is the address on the side of the receiver.

They are slick as a Colt 1921 IMHO, Can not say the same for WWII guns though they run better than out of the box WH’s

Ville28,

I believe some additional pictures of your West Hurley Thompson would go a long way to impressing a potential buyer. I am surprised the front ring sight is not pinned. Tell us about the 27 fin barrel - a West Hurley barrel that was brought into proper specification by PK? Same with the wood. It does not appear to be a Dan Block grip or fore grip. Does it have the milled grip mount. At 20K, I am not sure you need to include all those accessories. More pictures please.

Ill go ahead and add a few more pics. Also, here are a few questions answered:

- The wood is Dans. He made it for me a few years ago. It already had the front grip and he thought it might be one of his

- The barrel is an original that was brought up to the correct specs by PK. He put the ring sight on the front but didnt pin it because if iirc it wasnt necessary

-It has a Gordon flat ejector installed by PK

-It does have the milled grip mount from PK

-It does have internals from PK for both 21 and 28 configuration

Please let me know if there are any additional questions and Ill post some more pics. It is at a local gun shop now and certainly is an attention getter. They had another Westie and it is nice to see the quality of PKs work compared to the original.

post-258624-0-93304800-1620161474_thumb.jpeg

post-258624-0-14457800-1620162048_thumb.jpeg

post-258624-0-85769500-1620162153_thumb.jpeg

post-258624-0-60611500-1620162178_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just a thought. You might want to take a photo of the locking slots for the blish. That's what I look at when I talk about WH.

It would show the marvelous work PK does fixing those, and it show the wear of the SMG.

Agree. A very nice package!

If I had a West Hurley Thompson and could not get in PK's queue or was at the 5 year mark in the queue, I would consider purchasing this West Hurley and selling the one waiting on PK's magic.