New C Drum Group Buy

Hello All,

Since the new C drums will be in production soon,within the next couple of weeks I will begin taking pre-orders on a group buy. The aim is for 100 drums. I will offer a special deal for the members of this board only, and a further, modest discount for financial contributors. They will be drop shipped from the factory.

The factory has many large prepaid orders and they will have to allocate partial shipments to keep everyone happy as they dig through the backlog. This means that the earlier orders will get shipped first and more than likely come in waves until they catch up. I also will not be able to estimate ship dates or track orders. I will use this board to keep everyone up to date and would need to avoid order status calls ( I will not be able to keep up). I just need to let everyone up front that I need you to be patient...it may not be right away but they will come.

The money will be held by me until the order is shipped and of course you can cancel at any time for a full refund. Once the drums are shipped there are no returns...unless someone has a legitimate mechanical problem that can't be worked out with the factory...I will step in.

I will have a final pricing in the next couple of weeks and post it here. (hope to be around $485 plus $9 drop shipping if all goes well with another $5-10 off for financial contributors to the board...please don't hold me to that untill it is finalized...should be real close if not dead on.)

Let me know. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Damon

I would like to get an idea of how many of you are interested. You can reply to this post or send me emails at sales@tommygunner.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to think about jumping in on this before we hear about first hand experience with the C drum. It would be nice if the group buy took place after the first release so we could get a feel for how well these drums are made.

Lancer,

We can do that. Tracie and Merle should have evaluated a production unit before hand for the real piece of mind. I am sure this will happen long before I forward the orders to the factory. You can preorder once I resolve the pricing or wait untill you hear some feedback...up to you.

Damon

Damon: Thank you for the offer. Had I not already owned a reliable C drum I might consider jumping in on this, but...as Lancer has said, it would be nice to get a feel and a range report on these new drums before jumping head first into untested waters. I am very surprised to hear you mention that "the factory has many large prepaid orders" to fill, particularly since the price has never been finalized, or has it? Hard to believe that many people would advance at least $500 apiece for an unproven Kahr drum considering their previous reputation with their "Junk" L drums. Is there any way you could get a sample from the factory to test out beforehand?

Mike Hammer

Well once again we have the peanut gallery sounding off... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/soapbox.gif

I'm interested in a group buy so put me on the list.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/popcorn.gif

I completely understand everyone's hesitation...it is well founded, no question. I should clarify that I would not forward the orders to the factory for processing untill we had confirmation. Pre-ordering...when available...would just reserve your spot. You could cancel. As it may work out anyway...we may just have heard the word before I even accept orders. As I mentioned, you can still get in on the group buy after you hear the feedback. There really is no rush for a good drum.

Like I said, if someone had a legitimate mechanical problem with a drum...not just changed my mind after looking at it. And had no luck working it out with the factory...It will be taken care of even if it means a refund. I actually get pretty good results with a phone call.

Phill...I did say coming soon no? Don't jump the gun yet. Just giving advance notice. Rumor is that Merle said they will work. I am assuming he has seen a body and rotor then. No harm in holding of on pre-orders untill we hear back from Merle and Tracie.

Will keep you posted.

Damon

Hatu...sorry buddy...we can't export.

Blaine...got you down...thanks!

damon that sounds great that you are helping member's here get something for less.and spending the time to do it even for a few buck's..

i'm sure if kahr connect's up with r.s.r.wholesale and lew horton's and sarco.they will have 500 drum's sold there alone...as i'm sure even people with the semi/thompson will buy them..there are still collector's out there who have never seen or tried a C-drum and now will have the chance..hopefully all will work well.and all buyer's will be pleased with the drum's.

no excuse now not to get one at that low price.

however some with a $700.00 semi,might think spending $500.00 for a accs. is steep.or some might like the "look"

good luck on it..it's been a long time coming since the hurley drum's.and they had the problem with those also. growing pain's!!

take care,ron

Ok. I understand that tommygunner.com can't export these drums to Finland, but is there any other way how i can get this C drum to my Thompson collection http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

In Finland all kind of magazines (drums, sticks etc) are totally lisence free stuff.

I strongly doubt if there are 100 drums sold and 50% (that is probably low http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif ) have problems that AO will gladly refund the money even with numerous phone calls.

I know, because I tried to return my 1 drum from the previous group buy and they said no way. Sure they were happy to try and repari it but after spending the $$$ to return the drum twice and it still didn't work I opted to sell it at a loss.

In fact, after the repairs, it wouldn't fit without jaming the damn thing on and fighting to get it off.

And having Tracie and Merle say 1 drum works is not enough for me. I want to hear a bunch of people say how good these are BEFORE joining any group buy.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/soapbox.gif

I strongly suggest we all send a message and say we will NOT buy until they decide to produce a product that actually works.

Damon,

Please put me down for one C-drum, and thanks for offering this deal to the board.

It seems to me Kahr is taking the problematic WH design and making improvements. Yes, they are slow in coming and people have been burned with defective products. I think you can give Kahr some credit in eliminating the "cheese grater" knob, and the new L-drums have the hole thru the rotor added an authentic touch.

To me (just an uniformed opinion) the WH design was a good prototype to get the design approved by the ATF and make sure the idea was sound. After the ATF approval WH should have then worked on refining and trouble shooting the design to move past the prototype stage and on to a "production" model. As it stands WH just sold the prototype design to the people and later to Kahr.

It seems now Kahr is trying, slowly, but still trying to refine the design in to a reliable and attractive gun. Just my .02

QUOTE (CAL7 @ Apr 18 2006, 05:52 PM)
I am in for one drum.

Thanks for taking the initative.

I kinda figured you`d jump on this...ha!.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif ...me too!

QUOTE (21 smoker @ Apr 18 2006, 08:06 PM)
  I kinda figured you`d jump on this...ha!.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif ...me too!

Now, if I can just find a free pouch.....

Damon,

If you can confirm the C drum will work in a 21 or 28 in full auto like we want one to run (i.e. no problems) I will take at least 1 and maybe 2.

I asked way back when we first talked about the new C drum, if they would be numbered. If they are, I want the drum that matches my 27A1. Otherwise, leave them blank and I will get the number lazer cut into the drum.

I also remember telling Phil in Ohio, NO NEW C DRUM FOR YOU!!!! So Phil, don't EVEN think about ordering one!!!! Just kidding!

It would be great if somebody could do a test drive with one of these in FA so we would all know what the real deal is! I think that is where we all stand on the new C drum. Too many bad vibes from the L drum!!!!

Mario