Merry Christmas what did Santa bring?

Well, sadly there was no new Tommy Gun under the tree...but I did get some awesome things this year.

The first was an Apple Watch 3 from my wife - it was so easy to set up..until I tried to link i to my phone plan and realized that since it runs through the college I work at, our plan administrator has to call Verizon to approve the plan change...and since we are closed until January 2d, I'll be waiting awhile to fully utilize the features.

Apple Watch 3.jpg

The 2d wasn't really planned as a Christmas present but it arrived earlier than expected after ordering it - showed up last Thursday. I've been clearing snow from our 750 ft driveway for 13 years on an ATV with a plow. As I get older, hanging my butt out in the cold and snow/sleet just isn't appealing so I've been toying with the idea of getting a side-by-side with a cab. I just happened on some reviews of the Cub Cadet Challenger 750 - great reviews from the ATV magazines based on the quality of build and the features included in the base model. It comes standard with a cab with lower hard doors, ROPS cage, gas adjustable shocks, 4 wheel disc brakes, winch, 2/4wd and the ability to lock both front and rear differentials, lights, turn signals, dump bed...the list goes on. At an MSRP of $10,999 it is a steal compared to the big names. I added the upper doors (removable), a rear window (removable), roof light bar, cab heater, windshield wiper and a power angle snow plow set-up. So far, I'm thrilled with it. I was hoping we'd get the 2-4 inches of snow predicted overnight...and only got a dusting so I won't get to try out the plow for now.

Challenger 750 8c .jpg Challenger 750 6c .jpg

Challenger 750 9c .jpg

• Upvote 1

IMG_1017.JPGWell after two years and with some help from one of our board members I was able to add a Shot Shell Mag to my Thompson display in my study.

This board is the best . Merry Christmas to all.

Frank

• Upvote 1

Well, sadly there was no new Tommy Gun under the tree...but I did get some awesome things this year.

The first was an Apple Watch 3 from my wife - it was so easy to set up..until I tried to link i to my phone plan and realized that since it runs through the college I work at, our plan administrator has to call Verizon to approve the plan change...and since we are closed until January 2d, I'll be waiting awhile to fully utilize the features.

attachicon.gifApple Watch 3.jpg

The 2d wasn't really planned as a Christmas present but it arrived earlier than expected after ordering it - showed up last Thursday. I've been clearing snow from our 750 ft driveway for 13 years on an ATV with a plow. As I get older, hanging my butt out in the cold and snow/sleet just isn't appealing so I've been toying with the idea of getting a side-by-side with a cab. I just happened on some reviews of the Cub Cadet Challenger 750 - great reviews from the ATV magazines based on the quality of build and the features included in the base model. It comes standard with a cab with lower hard doors, ROPS cage, gas adjustable shocks, 4 wheel disc brakes, winch, 2/4wd and the ability to lock both front and rear differentials, lights, turn signals, dump bed...the list goes on. At an MSRP of $10,999 it is a steal compared to the big names. I added the upper doors (removable), a rear window (removable), roof light bar, cab heater, windshield wiper and a power angle snow plow set-up. So far, I'm thrilled with it. I was hoping we'd get the 2-4 inches of snow predicted overnight...and only got a dusting so I won't get to try out the plow for now.

attachicon.gifChallenger 750 8c .jpg attachicon.gifChallenger 750 6c .jpg

attachicon.gifChallenger 750 9c .jpg

Living the dream, COL. Sweet machine. Congrats!

Well apparently it was my job to buy my own stocking stuffers, but my, ahem wife, didnt tell me that. So as not to have my young kids think Santa brought stocking stuff for everyone but Dad, I wrapped up some nice minty patent date mags last night. How did Santa know thats just what I always wanted :-p

Merry Christmas to all,

Ron

attachicon.gifIMG_1017.JPGWell after two years and with some help from one of our board members I was able to add a Shot Shell Mag to my Thompson display in my study.

This board is the best . Merry Christmas to all.

Frank

That is one heck of a old time classic display you should make a poster of that and frame it.Nice Frank real nice. Colt21A Ron

IMG_1018.JPGcolt21a,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy looking at it when I'm looking at TV in my study. I also enjoy getting one of my Thompson books out on cold winter days reading and admiring my display.

When you are old seems that you appreciate these things more.

Frank

Damn nice Cub. I looked at those back before I bought my Ranger XP 800 back in 2011. At the time, they didn't have much power or speed. It sure looks like they have come a long way. I thought of a full cab, but so far, I could have bought a nice Jeep cheaper then what I have in mine so far.

Damn nice Cub. I looked at those back before I bought my Ranger XP 800 back in 2011. At the time, they didn't have much power or speed. It sure looks like they have come a long way. I thought of a full cab, but so far, I could have bought a nice Jeep cheaper then what I have in mine so far.

The 750 engine seems to have great power - I've held it down while breaking it in and with the plow on the front but it easily hits 35. Tops out at 45. Good hauling and towing capacity so it should be great for working here on our property.

Loaded out, with tax and license it came in at $16000. I'd pay more than that for any of the other brands just to replicate the base version of the Cub. I'm happy with it.

• Upvote 1

The 750 engine seems to have great power - I've held it down while breaking it in and with the plow on the front but it easily hits 35. Tops out at 45. Good hauling and towing capacity so it should be great for working here on our property.

Loaded out, with tax and license it came in at $16000. I'd pay more than that for any of the other brands just to replicate the base version of the Cub. I'm happy with it.

In other words close to a full auto.

With the help of the forum and selling a few Thompson parts, Santa brought me one of the guns on the wish list.

A Waffenampted Norwegian Kongsberg 1911, their m-1914.in 45 cal. Hard to find . The waffenampt holster is a big bonus.

There were only 935 pistols ever waffenampted all were done in 1945.This one that will stay in the safe a long time.

Merry Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year!

With the help of the forum and selling a few Thompson parts. Santa brought me one of the guns on the wish list.

A Waffenampted Norwegian Kongsberg 1911, their m-1914. Hard to find . The waffenampt holster is a big bonus.

There were only 935 pistols ever waffenampted all were done in 1945.This one that will stay in the safe a long time.

Merry Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year

20171215_212116.jpg

20171215_212200.jpg

20171215_212148.jpg

With the help of the forum and selling a few Thompson parts, Santa brought me one of the guns on the wish list.

A Waffenampted Norwegian Kongsberg 1911, their m-1914.in 45 cal. Hard to find . The waffenampt holster is a big bonus.

Merry Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year!

That is very nice and also rare and historic a real nice rig.Congrats on that find.

Colt21A Ron

What's the old pun, aka the name of a fictitcious country song: "I Miss My Ex But My Aim's Gettin' Better". Too off-topic?

Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year, friends. Thanks for all the contributions to the board.

Ron

A bit behind time, 101 things to do since Christmas, so been busy and not had the opportunity to look through all the posts on the forum.

My son bought me a Denix display stand for Christmas and my deactivated 1921 fits perfectly in that, with both a 'C' Drum and 'L' Drum fitted.

P1120427.JPG

P1120428.JPG

In the mail, so I guess you could say I bought them myself :happy: , I received a Colt era patent date and a SWCO WW2 Blank XX magazines, thank you Dan. I also received from a colleague in France, a French language version of the US Manual FM23-40 and received from David the 1940 US version of the same manual.

FM23-40 1941 & French version.JPG

FM23-40 1940.JPG

So for this reason I dug out the box in which I store my manuals / handbooks, which I had not looked in for some time and began to look through the collection. To my surprise I found I had bought more than one copy of some handbooks and manuals, disadvantage of not keeping an eye on what I am adding to the collection, while spending too much time away from home I guess.

1940 AOC 1928 Handbook NY Address.JPG

1940 AOC 1928 Handbook Bridgeport address.JPG

Know your Weapon - Tommy Gun.JPG

Notice sur PM Thompson M1A1.JPG

SAT 21 1940.JPG

I also found two copies of SAT 21 1944 which although I initially thought were the same, I noticed a slight difference on the cover and identified one was British and one was Canadian.

SAT 21 1944.JPG

There is also another Canadian version of SAT 21 in the collection from 1944 which is in dual languages.

SAT 21 1944 Canadian Dual lang..JPG

Finally I found two versions of the French manual for the PM Thompson model 1921, one from 1941 and the other 1944.

Notice sur PM Thompson  1921.JPG

Let us hope 2018 is kind to us all,

Stay safe

Richard