WTB Vintage “L” Drum

Hey all Im the proud owner of one of the 1921AC St. Louis guns and Im in the market for possibly a numbered drum or something of that vintage.

I do have a few leads from some of the fine folks on here but since its gonna be a high dollar item I want to shop around a bit before I buy.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jetstreamer

Most of the drums on the Autoweapons site are not correct, and they don't even list the prices, which is a red flag to me. The C-drum is correct, but has obviously been refinished over some significant pitting. Both L-drums 643 and 948 have Worcester rotors in them, so they are not as they left the factory. The L-drums listed as 2nd gen are actually 3rd gen "Colt"/1st gen Worcester. The first one listed has what appears to be either a John's or Stanley rotor (which actually would be correct in either of the numbered drums).

The WH C-drum is correctly identified, but there is also something off about it. The are no serial numbers shown, and I have never seen a WH C-drum without the serial number information. Not sure what that means, but with the other errors, even this horrendously overpriced drum is suspect.

What a mess!

I can see why Colt Chopper doesn't like this site.

FWIW...

Most of the drums on the Autoweapons site are not correct, and they don't even list the prices, which is a red flag to me. The C-drum is correct, but has obviously been refinished over some significant pitting. Both L-drums 643 and 948 have Worcester rotors in them, so they are not as they left the factory. The L-drums listed as 2nd gen are actually 3rd gen "Colt"/1st gen Worcester. The first one listed has what appears to be either a John's or Stanley rotor (which actually would be correct in either of the numbered drums).

The WH C-drum is correctly identified, but there is also something off about it. The are no serial numbers shown, and I have never seen a WH C-drum without the serial number information. Not sure what that means, but with the other errors, even this horrendously overpriced drum is suspect.

What a mess!

I can see why Colt Chopper doesn't like this site.

FWIW...

+1 to avoid auto weapons. I dont believe they actually sell anything as most of their inventory has stayed the same for at least 3 years.

Yep! I emailed for a quote a couple of years ago. I don't know if their response was a joke, but I moved on quickly.

thanks for the info, maybe they don't want to sell their stuff, just make people think they might and just show it off. Sorta like what you might see at a local gun show... Excuse me, did you really want to sell it or just show it off?

He called me a few bad names in a e-mail once.So sad how sometimes a Karma works out.Always try and be nice to everyone. Or a bullet might have a name on it.I am sure in the slammer now he is deflecting a few bullet's..He might get out a better person with more respect for people. A number of class three people have gone way over in the last fifty years.All for the love of the Buck!

post-504-0-66325000-1598997157_thumb.jpg

Vaughn ripped me off in 2006 on the condition of a gun. I am more than happy to bring that up when he is mentioned. He is in PRISON for other shady, and obviously ILLEGAL dealings.

What did he go to prison for?

Not wearing a mask.

jetstreamer,

Congratulations on your STL PD Colt's.

There were two numbered L drums that were included with the trade of the STL PD Colt's. I would guess they were acquired with the acquisition of NO 956 and NO 1219, the two earliest Colt's. If you don't have one of those two Colt's, I believe a first generation of the Worcester Pressed Steel L drum with the bright or nickel rotor would be perfect for your Colt's.

You may also want to join one or both of the Thompson associations if not already a member. Often times, drums come up for sale that are never advertised to the public. Board members TSMG28 and gijive are my drum experts!

Patience is key to finding the right drum at the right price. There is a lot of junk out there!