27 St. Louis PD Thompsons For Sale

Well they are being purchased for $22,000 which means they will be on the market at $38,000.....someone didn't do their homework on this one. Bet Midwest Distributors loves that the purchased price was put in the article.

Highly Recommend David Albert, OCM and Ron Brock contact the Department (or buyer) to offer the assistance of ensuring each Thompson is assembled correctly with the least amount of mismatched parts. Hate to see Colt wood mismatched on potential WWII era guns and vice versa. Could also be a great bit of publicity for TATA for offering up some history. Documenting mags, drums, cleaning rods and parts kits would be nice as well. They may not even know what spare parts they have.

Great new regardless.

Sandman1957

Sandman,

We tried seeing the guns a few years ago (TATA) when the information first surfaced that the guns might be for sale. We were at the St. Louis NRA Convention at the time.

Needless to say we didn't get very far and they weren't very cooperative. Hope someone has better luck this time. When dealing with big cities you usually have to have some sort of inside connection and know someone. Cold calling usually doesn't get you too far.

I'd bet the dealer that bought the guns has such a connection.

I'm glad the seed was planted at St. Louis during the NRA show. Another purchase came out of that show as well.

A nice pile of guns have been saved and the PD will get some much needed gear. It is the efforts of collectors and collector clubs that make most of this possible as many places have no idea on the value of what's sitting in their locker.

Ron

Ron,

Your exactly right. I have been helping a local LEO organization with possibly selling the Thompson they have in the armory. I have been outbid on it, but that doesn't mean that I won't help where I can with making sure the sale goes well.

• 3 weeks later...

Received an email about the St. Louis guns the other day. Passing along to those that are currently in the market. If interested, I will pass your information on to Midwest or feel free to contact them.

Mike
These are the St Louis Thompsons me and my partner are Mid West Distributors in Union KY. We have 20 model 21A's and AC's and 7 model 1927 semi auto what I understand there are less than 50 in circulation. We have just sent in the form fives to NFA. We have already sold about ten of them. These Thompsons are from 83 to 90% condition.
We have picked up several thompsons over the years and these are the first PD trade in's where the thompsons were used during the 20 and 30's prohibition years. so they do have some wear from being handled a lot. but the history of them makes them a lot more attractive coming from the oldest Police department in the United States, and the largest collection to ever be released for private ownership. Our prices are up and down depending on condition and what a person is looking for. for the most part the 21A and 21AC are selling around $35,000 range and the model of the 27 around $40,000.
Here are a few pics it was hard taking good pictures due to the fact the lighting was very bad in the basement they are stored in in St. Louis. Let me know what you think, any thoughts you have I would be very interested in hearing them and thank you for sending me and email.

Glen

Sounds like a nice honest guy there. Giving you the lowdown upfront and cutting through any b.s.at all. the 27's are the one to get and the biggest pile of those I have ever heard of in fifty years.

They are more Commercial Savage out there and 21a then any 27 original parts Thompsons. Better however From the Chicago guns. since they are all really beat to hell. And parts changed out years ago. I would not be surprised if the St Louie guns still had all original parts and barrel's.

And with current prices today on Mars guess 40 grand for a semi 27 is great. Since Earl offered me his last 27 semi in 2000 for 25 grand. Have pics of that one sitting on a chair in his walk in vault.

WE will probably not see a pile like this in anytime any of us here are left on the planet.

That remark you can freeze in time. And come back in twenty and read it again.

Colt 21a