All Thompson Show and Shoot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been loading ammo and should finish this weekend. Need to run the remaining 45 ACP on the Camdex. Curse the guy at Federal who decided to put small primer pockets in 45 ACP brass!

Had another case of 22s come in for the 180. Loaded 9 drums the other night.

FYI - I will be at the show Friday afternoonish. I will have two maybe three 1928 parts kits available for sale. I will also have 4000 large pistol primers with me.

1928 Parts Kit (3).jpg

Curse the guy at Federal who decided to put small primer pockets in 45 ACP brass!

Federal made the decision to switch to SP on .45's because of the lead-free primers, now required by many private and LE ranges.

They had a production line for "Green" small pistol, and the cost to set up for (mainly) .45 ACP was greater than stamping a small primer pocket

into some .45 brass. My guess is other companies copied them if only to save a few pennies in materials per case of ammo.

So, after a CENTURY of everyone using LP, thank Federal for throwing their wrench into the brass feed hoppers.

Of course, right now, they don't seem to be shipping any primers, anywhere, so I guess they have the bigger finger.

Edited by mnshooter

Well this is my first show and I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I booked at the Cherry Valley Hotel and now I am concerned after hearing the comments. They said it has been remodeled. Please fill me in, what were the past problems? Arriving tomorrow night and will be at Tracie's on Thursday morning.

Cam.

• Upvote 1

For us unfortunates that were unable to attend, please post as many photos as you can here, we would love to see what we missed.
  • Upvote 1

What a great weekend ! So many new faces. Not having this event last year really made me realize how much I truly enjoy the company of a great group of people. This to me feels like a family reunion. Tracie and his family always go above and beyond. Those of you on the board who have not attended this show are really missing out on a great time ! Sorry no pics as it was nonstop for me, but I am sure some will be posted soon.