Any recent transfer time data? ( and a video link)

Form 4 to individual transfer times are all over the board. Last year I had two in four months and one took exactly 12 months.

It is also a waist of time to call ATF for a status check

Good Luck

Tom

If it was cashed in Feb....youll have awhile. Im seeing 5-7 months for Form 4s coming back to me for individuals. Even Form 4s coming to me (as a dealer) are running 5-6 months....gotta love the hurry up and wait

Best thing when it comes to transfers is to submit and forget having a dealer who will allow you a conjugal visit now and then does help the pain of waiting tho. Whatll suck even worse than waiting to be approved-is the wait for the approved Form 4 to be mailed as those are taking 2-3 weeks from approval to the dealer/seller receiving them.

• 2 months later...

ATF received my paperwork Oct 13 2020. When I call them they say it is in process. That's over 10 months now. Is there anyway to speed the process?

No way to speed the process but you should be getting close to the approval, unless there is an error or more info needed. Even so, once supplied its typically turned around quickly. Patience is key.

Ron

• Upvote 1

Was told 7 to 8 months (form 4 Individual) on a Suppressor I bought yesterday. This sounds like the 'norm' based on the above times. Patience is definitely the key; it's just part of the NFA process. Over the years I've had less than 2 months and up to 12 months on form 4's. I actually had a form 1 SBR come back once in 14 days!!

• Upvote 1

I put in my form 4 for my 1928A1 back in November and got back in May, so approximately 6ish months (time doesnt start until they cash the check). A little disappointing since just before that I had 2 suppressors go through in 4. People regularly report in at NFA tracker here https://www.nfatracker.com which Im still dubious about. As previously mentioned you can call in to the NFA, and some of the folks you talk to are nice but there are a couple that are not so much. I have 2 form 4s that have been pending since April 12th and based on my last call in probably wont see them until Nov/Dec. Sorry to add to the bad news.

Gregg

Edited by gregg877
  • Upvote 1

I have one out from 12/1/20 and when I called recently they told me 7 months....after it had been 8 already when I made the call ( I was going to say something but there's no point). Now it's been 9 with another at 8 months. I am expecting around a year on recently purchased stuff. The class 3 business model is a total fail. Imagine buying a water heater at home depot and telling them to store it for a year while you wait for the receipt to clear the government?

Hopefully when the chinese are given the keys they are more efficient?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
I called last week and got one of the nicer folks, was told 8 months average, waiting on 2 form 4s that were sent in mid/late march and pending since April 12th. I guess Eforms isnt doing too much better, someone on NFA Tracker recently posted a 122 day wait on a home built .22 suppressor. A year ago I did a form1 in Eforms and had it back in 28 days.