Colt Chopper getting hitched tomorrow

Congratulations to our friend Jack who is getting married tomorrow for the first time. It is about time he joined all the rest of us in the land of marital bliss. Welcome to the club Jack. Seriously I do wish you and Lynette all the best and many years of happiness together. It will be a whole new chapter in your life. Be nice to each other and never go to bed mad. I wish I could be there I know it will be fun. I got to work tomorrow, my wife need a new pair of shoes and a Gucci purse. Have fun.

Your friend,

Chris

Congratulations and best wishes!!! When people ask Lynn and me how long we've been married, we typically say something like "25 happy years! ....out of the almost 43 we've been married." While that's an exaggeration, it's our way of acknowledging that all relationships take work and not every day, or every week...maybe even every year will be total bliss. Being married doesn't mean losing your identity, it is a joining of two unique people out of love and respect...but never should be focused on creating a single-minded entity. The challenge, then, is to commit to allowing each other to keep his/her identity, interests, uniqueness while continuing to relish all f the commenalities you each enjoy. Hell, at 25/43 if we were in Major League Baseball with that batting average we'd be making millions.

All that from one of the resident old guys...at 4:50 Am and having had only one cup of coffee.

Enjoy your special day and may you grow and flourish together!!

Congratulations!! 37 years for my Bride Allison and I. When we got married, my Father in Law told us his two "secrets" for a happy marriage.

1. The bedroom is a safe room. No arguments there. You can argue all day over who squeezed the toothpaste from the bottom or middle... but you leave the hatchet at the door of the bedroom. Most arguments are gone by morning. If not, pick up the hatchet on the way out, but never bring in the safe haven.

2. Marriage is about giving and taking. When you think you've been doing all the giving and they have been doing all the taking, don't give up.

Pretty simple, easier to say than do. Has worked for us.

Devious6, well said. We joke about we've been married 37 years, but I was deployed, in the field, TAD / TDY etc for almost half that. But it all counts!!

Congrats again!! Life has a new very special flavor.

Semper Fi!

Steve

20 years myself.

Yes, it will be a sad day for all those seeing the last 50 something guy getting married..........for the first time.

People ask me why I take my wife everywhere I go, well, it's either kiss her bye or bring her with me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/thetoolman/24.gif

Now to have the wife iron my shirt for the shin gig. Embarrassing photos to follow.

Congratulations! and God Bless You Both

Proverbs 18:22New King James Version (NKJV)

22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing,

And obtains favor from the Lord.

I'm excited to get the Nelson Thompson, now that CC's new bride has sold it to me to help fund the remodel of their home. As she told me," you can't cook on a Thompson Submachine Gun " I totally, fully agreed.

Can't wait for Mike's photos.............

Condrats CC..

OCM

I happen to be a marriage survivor. If 50% end in divorce, the others must end in death,I figured I was one of the lucky ones getting out of mine alive.

Congrats and good luck.

Edited by ppgcowboy
  • Upvote 1

It's all over with now, but the crying.

I thought it was really nice he gave each of the guys in the wedding party our own Colt Thompson. Thanks buddy!

IMG_5536.JPG

• Upvote 2

Congratulations!
Happy marriage :-)

This reminds me of a story about my first wife. I bought her an almost new 1971 Pinto for her to drive back and forth to work. One day she was pushing a sandwich into her pie hole and forgot she was driving, ran smack dab into the rear of a truck at 35mph. The sammich protected her face from injury as she hit the steering wheel. Totaled the car...this was a time where Pintos were bursting into flame after being hit in the rear. I thought too bad the gas tank wasn't in the front :-) I though about that for a while and bought her another car, this time it was a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle. Shortly thereafter we were divorced.

I didn't get a Thompson as a gift, well almost. Lynette sold me the Nelson Thompson for a same cost as a new 48" Viking Commercial 6 burner range with griddle. I kicked in an egg timer for a wedding present too.

BTW, what's the current wait time for a tax stamp these days.

Looks like a nice wedding. Happy for you guys. Good people.

Sandy

• Upvote 1

I didn't get a Thompson as a gift, well almost. Lynette sold me the Nelson Thompson for a same cost as a new 48" Viking Commercial 6 burner range with griddle. I kicked in an egg timer for a wedding present too.

BTW, what's the current wait time for a tax stamp these days.

Looks like a nice wedding. Happy for you guys. Good people.

Sandy

So far, it's been over 10 months for the Reising transfer. Still waiting.

CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are great together! See you this summer!

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and good wishes, I finally met the right woman in my life and we are both looking forward to a bright happy future together !

Now it's Monday and time to get back to normal, returning rental equipment etc....

Thanks again to all my friends and "Board Brothers!", it was a weekend I will never forget !

Jack