Favorite NFA item!

Rekraps

So, with all the stuff that I own, I have come to the realization that the one single item that is my favorite is...

M79 Grenade Launcher! Yep, tons of fun, easy to reload ammo, inexpensive and always an impressive toy for others! Plus, it's back yard friendly!

mine is a russian ppsh-41, i got it from a kid in high school, around 1962, i trade him a reweld m-1 grand straight across for it, his dad brought it back from korea, we did the swap in the school parking lot ! then i took school bus home, i papered it in 1968,i still have it, myy oldest kiid will get it when i croak, im 79 now, just sayn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyDixon said:

mine is a russian ppsh-41, i got it from a kid in high school, around 1962, i trade him a reweld m-1 grand straight across for it, his dad brought it back from korea, we did the swap in the school parking lot ! then i took school bus home, i papered it in 1968,i still have it, myy oldest kiid will get it when i croak, im 79 now, just sayn

Now that's a story! Love it. I have 2 PPSH's but not with that personal history!

1 hour ago, StrangeRanger said:

Are you trying to set up a "Mom always loved you best moment"?

Probably a toss-up between my Thompson M1 and my Beretta M38/42.  I like the classics

But if ever the SHTF my real-world go to would be my Vector Uzi

Good choice, but my SHTF gun is... Springfield Armory, Scout Squad M1A. 100% reliable.

On 12/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, Rekraps said:

So, with all the stuff that I own, I have come to the realization that the one single item that is my favorite is...

M79 Grenade Launcher! Yep, tons of fun, easy to reload ammo, inexpensive and always an impressive toy for others! Plus, it's back yard friendly!

You're probably lucky you haven't ventured into the 20ga. rounds.....then you would be totally addicted....and kicked out of the HOA!

I don't usually play favorites, but am always exited about the new date I'll be meeting for the first time.  Hopefully, in the next week or two one I've been waiting on for 15 months will finally arrive?  Then after a week or two, I'll start to concentrate on two more pieces of history coming in the future. 

2 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

You're probably lucky you haven't ventured into the 20ga. rounds.....then you would be totally addicted....and kicked out of the HOA!

I don't usually play favorites, but am always exited about the new date I'll be meeting for the first time.  Hopefully, in the next week or two one I've been waiting on for 15 months will finally arrive?  Then after a week or two, I'll start to concentrate on two more pieces of history coming in the future. 

I can't wait to hear. I have a "K" in hock since Feb 5, 2023, and a C&R PPSH in since May. I may be dead by the time I get them.

14 hours ago, Mongo said:

I always have trouble picking between my two top kids.

Swedish Kg m/37

spacer.png

and my Stoner 63a

spacer.png

It's been ages since we've heard from you! I was getting ready to contact your wife and offer to help her "dispose" of your collection! 

I love the Stoner! Where in the heck to you shoot it?

15 hours ago, tricky9914 said:

Ohhhh man you had to go there?!?! I have to pick just one? Probably my NESA BAR. Either that or my MP40... They're both a ton of fun to shoot! 

I like my MP 40 also, but lean toward the big boy calibers! BAR.... wish I had one.

9 hours ago, Rekraps said:

It's been ages since we've heard from you! I was getting ready to contact your wife and offer to help her "dispose" of your collection! 

I love the Stoner! Where in the heck to you shoot it?

No wife, hence I have MGs.

I have not shot my MGs since the drunk driver hit me in 2010. I use to shoot at a friends ranch but there is some ranges here that allow it.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:31 AM, Rekraps said:

Yep - they are loads of fun...  For some reason, the M203 doesn't really compare...

19 hours ago, NFA amnesty said:

My M16A1 rifle.  Had one in the Army and still love it.   Next would be my MP44 but keep it in the safe except for show and tell time.

Finished rifle.jpg

GM M16A1 C.jpg

Very ;nice gun.

So far this has been my favorite NFA item.
Every British schoolboys dream gun (from my generation)
First time I held it I felt familiar with with the BREN, and took it right apart, and have enjoyed it ever since.
Had it out on the range, ran like a champ with the barrels and magazines I brought along.
Shared that first time experience with some friends and everyone came away impressed with what the BREN is and its history in WW2.

Richard

168.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 7:47 PM, APEXgunparts said:

So far this has been my favorite NFA item.
Every British schoolboys dream gun (from my generation)
First time I held it I felt familiar with with the BREN, and took it right apart, and have enjoyed it ever since.
Had it out on the range, ran like a champ with the barrels and magazines I brought along.
Shared that first time experience with some friends and everyone came away impressed with what the BREN is and its history in WW2.

Richard

168.jpg

Rich, that picture is awesome. The gun is just wonderful and I sure wish I had one. Everytime I think I have a good collection, someone like you posts a pic! First it was the Stoner and now this! What next, a BAR!